Tuesday, July 07, 2009

What's next on the blog

This is really just a placeholder until I have more time for a proper post. Deadlines always have a way of creeping up, but during the past month, several have sneaked up behind me and smacked me in the back of the head.

I leave Friday for the ALA conference in Chicago. Saturday afternoon I'm speaking on "sharpening your resume for a tough job market" as part of the New Members Round Table (NMRT) President's Program, 1:30-3:30pm in the Hyatt Regency Chicago's Grand D North. I'm at the conference till Tuesday, after which I plan to come home, lie down on the couch, and not leave it for the next week.

The blog will likely be minimally attended until I get back, but I do have some plans for future posts. I'll be participating in Susan Holloway Scott's recent tour-du-blog, with a review of her latest, The French Mistress. As you may be aware, Susan is one of a select group of authors whose latest novels have all been named Editors' Choice selections in the Historical Novels Review. At the same time, I'll be covering newish releases by Jude Morgan and Cora Harrison, the two other historical novelists who fit this category... I'm eager to see for myself why HNR reviewers have been so enthusiastic about their works. (HNR hasn't yet reviewed Morgan's latest, The Taste of Sorrow, so we'll have to see if this streak continues.)

I still intend to post Part 3 of the Visual Preview for Fall. I'm not sure why I feel delinquent about this, since it's only the beginning of July, but some spring covers have already been spotted on Amazon. Meanwhile, the TBR pile next to my desk is starting to resemble Chenonceau, minus the river, so I need to get cracking on reading more of them... and I'll post reviews on as many as I'm able.

Hope to see some of you in Chicago this coming weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Have fun. I wish I could go, but alas one conference in Chicago is all I can afford. I saw some of the titles a YA librarian is getting in her goody bag. I am VERY jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having ALA within driving distance helps a lot. I likely wouldn't be going otherwise. Not expecting many freebies, though, as I'm not going to any special events or breakfasts, but I'll bring a tote bag to the exhibits just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blog is the perfect place for a reader to visit.

    ReplyDelete