Friday, December 29, 2006

End of the year post...

The Great New England Bookstore Tour (known in other circles as Christmas vacation) is over, and I managed to find/purchase/receive about a dozen new historical novels. I even got the chance to read four of them while in Connecticut, while my slow-moving review book lay neglected on the coffee table back home. It's starting to make me feel guilty, though, so I'll be taking it up again shortly.

I probably won't be blogging again until after New Year's, as I'll be compiling and editing reviews for next week's deadline, processing the conference registrations that arrived while I was gone, and attempting to make the switch to the new Blogger without losing anything. In the meanwhile, if you haven't seen it for a time, I've updated the HNS forthcoming books page with titles through next August, in particular new historical fiction from Penguin, Houghton Mifflin, and Simon & Schuster.

In early January, I'll be posting an interview with Deanna Raybourn, whose debut historical Silent in the Grave is newly out in bookstores - and which I mentioned as a "galley to grab" at last year's BEA. Time permitting, I hope to interview other historical novelists for the blog in the future.

Hope you all have a great new year, and here's to more good reading for 2007!

5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading you again - Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laura!

    Looks like no Blogger upgrade will be in the works for a while - my second blog has too many posts for it to handle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a Happy New Year, and thanks for your wonderful posts during '06

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:41 PM

    Happy New Year!

    (If you want to upgrade but Blogger can't convert, what about starting a new blog and linking it to the old one?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Margaret and Carla!

    Appreciate the suggestion of starting a new blog, but I'd like to keep the current address - else a lot of people will need to change their bookmarks. Eventually I should be able to convert it, just not in the first round, or so Blogger says.

    ReplyDelete