Sunday, November 05, 2006

HNS conference registration is open

At long last, the Historical Novel Society's Albany conference next June is officially open for business. I transferred all the web files over on Saturday night, and announcements are going out today. There are some holes in the schedule - presenters are still being confirmed - but you can get a good idea of the variety of programs offered. New for 2007 is the Saturday evening "feast and fun" (an optional event), which includes a talent revue with historical novelists as the performers.

Registration is limited to 300 people, and I expect it to sell out (as it did in 2005) - so if you plan on attending, please don't wait until the last minute to sign up. If you're curious to learn what these conferences are like, read the write-ups from our 2005 event in Salt Lake City.

Hope to see many of you there!

2 comments:

  1. I only wish I could go! Sob.
    It's a long way from Australia, but perhaps one day...

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe one day we'll have an Australian conference - I wouldn't mind visiting there myself!

    Actually we do have one Australian registrant so far, and it looks like we'll have a number of UK and Canadian residents there too. I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete